Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Product Rendering: Futuristic PDA?


I started a new course in Product Visualization and Rendering with Maya/Mental Ray. They stressed how we need to keep up with industrial design, design mags...ie have to keep checking out what is cool and in style so that our reel/demo reflects what is in demand. Our first assignment was to design a PDA of the future, model and render with Maya, and composite it with a photo we shot. I came up with one that is compact, has a flexible,clear, and retractable OLED screen, and is super thin. That's what i would want anyway. I took a shot of my own hand and then composited it. I tried to make it into a mock ad, so I guess I went a bit far but was having fun so what the heck..

2 comments:

  1. you get better and better mr Marc!

    Do you know the blog named Engadget? That is great for keeping up on tech news. Check it out

    NaTe

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is fantastic work my friend. Very professional. It as the effect of a commercial ad and makes me want the product. Keep it up.

    ReplyDelete